A semi-secret society of researchers called Growth are fooling
We stumble over ideas and shared inspiration using facebook
as a medium.
Anyone can become a member.
This research is both complex and ambiguous.
Driven by multiple random research topics which we would like to
open up :
- What symbolic value does a tree hold ?
- Why is the Cadeceus a symbol of our
contemporary health system ?
- How is the health system a fundamental
concept of our progress-orientated society and its aspirations ?
- How is the individual and the collective
constructed on facebook ?
- How a socially closed studio practice can be
linked to a socially open space such as a facebook group ?
- How do we read, construct, employ and archive
images on the internet ?
- How are paintings viewed in the virtual ?
- What is painting in its current multi-plural
- How is painting anchored within a
Euro-centric art history, thus a collective consciousness and can
we change this ?
In a circle, in a conversation in real time some of the members
come together to talk.
Talking can be hard when you spend your time with images.
This conversation circle aims to coax the members into a fluid